6-12 Kennington Lane
Thank you for visiting our consultation website.
Here you can find information about the emerging proposals to redevelop the 6-12 Kennington Lane site in the London Borough of Lambeth and leave your feedback.
Whilst still at an early stage of the design and planning process, we believe these proposals will bring real and tangible benefits for local residents and the wider community, including:
- Around 300 high quality homes to rent, suitable for young people, sharers, families and elderly downsizes alike to help meet the Borough and London’s ever increasing demand.
- 230 new jobs on site, 15 times more than is currently supporter, with an additional 750 also created through construction.
- Improved connections from Renfrew Road to Cricketers Court, to help drive footfall and support local businesses.
- A reduced number of vehicles on local roads, by taking servicing off street and proposing a car-free scheme, in contrast to the site’s existing occupier which naturally attracts a larger number of vehicle and HGV movements.
- New open space and a public plaza, which we are proposing includes some form of outdoor performance space for local groups to use.
- A more fitting gateway to Kennington, and the ongoing transformation of Elephant & Castle.
- A real economic boost to the local area, with an estimated annual contribution to the Borough of £1.3 million from council tax and business rates.
We are committed to consulting with a range of local community groups, businesses and local residents and will be holding two phases of public exhibitions before a planning application is submitted before the end of the year.
The first of these will be at Draper Hall, 1 Howel Walk, Newington Butts, SE1 6TL, on the following dates:
- Tuesday 11 July, 1pm – 8pm
- Thursday 13 July, 4pm – 8pm
The materials shown at these events are available to view here.